Best Kid-Friendly Recreation in Philadelphia
Delaware living is great for the whole family
Is Philadelphia real estate out of your reach, or are you just dissatisfied with the current market offerings? If this predicament sounds familiar, take a closer look at the multiple advantages of Delaware living – especially in the up-and-coming neighborhood of Darley Green, situated five minutes from Wilmington in the Claymont Renaissance District. At Darley Green, residents reap the rewards of a thoughtfully planned community, where broad, tree-lined boulevards and green spaces beckon you outside, and onsite conveniences include a brand new library in addition to shops just steps from your door.
Another bonus is the close proximity to family-friendly fun and games in Philadelphia, which is a short 20-minute car ride away. From rollercoasters and go karts to horseback riding, Philly Mag readers recently voted on some of the best activities and attractions for children of all ages.
Recreation in Philadelphia – fun & games for the kids
Looking for a fun-filled day of entertainment? The “Best of Philly” 2013 includes some great ideas for an unforgettable family day trip.
- Speed Raceway– Get your motor running at this eco-friendly race track where high-performance go karts zoom at speeds up to 45mph. The indoor track is located at 200 Blair Mill Road, 1103 Route 130 South, Horsham.
- Adventure Pier – An amusement park like no other that features a hair-raising ride on “The Great White,” an old-timey wooden roller coaster with amazing Atlantic Ocean views. Your children will scream with glee as they take the 105-foot plunge on this thrilling ride!
- Gateway Stables Riding Center – Hop in the saddle and play cowboy (or girl) for the day at this equestrian center that caters to amateur riders. You bring the boots and a sense of adventure, and the rest is taken care of by experienced guides. Located on 949 Merrybell Lane, Kennett Square.
- Maple Acres Farm – Take a glimpse into the inner-workings of a modern day farm, pick your own flowers and enjoy $2 hayrides at Maple Acres Farm, where tours are available the first Saturday of every month during the spring, summer and early fall.
- Spark Park – This interactive science park makes learning fun, with hands-on workshops (make a birdhouse from scratch, or learn all about comets and astrophysics!), language classes, summer camps and more.
Philadelphia real estate out of your budget?
In the master-planned community of Darley Green, residents don’t have to venture far to experience outdoor recreation and family-friendly activities. In addition to all that nearby Philadelphia has to offer, the Wilmington Riverfrontis bustling with concerts, special events and loads of attractions that provide hours of education and entertainment for the family. Enjoy an afternoon baseball game at Frawley Stadium, let the kids go wild for wildlife at the DuPont Environmental Educational Center, or visit one of the many exciting displays at the Delaware Children’s Museum, which is about to feature a magical Wizard of Oz exhibition.
Conveniently located five minutes from downtown Wilmington and less than half an hour from family-friendly Philadelphia highlights, Darley Green’s luxuriously-appointed condos and townhomes offer much more, for much less. If low property taxes and access to some of the region’s best schools sound inviting, please swing by to learn more about our available homes and attractive financing options.
Model homes are available for viewing between 11AM to 6PM every day. Please call our Community Sales Manager, Amy Maluski, at 302.655.2600 for more information.