Family-Friendly Entertainment at Penn’s Landing
Darley Green – 20 minutes from Philly’s attractions
Are you in the market for Philadelphia condosbut disappointed by the selection and prices? If location and amenities are important to you, look no further than the residential community of Darley Green, where beautiful townhouses and condos offer so much more, with attractive pricing and financial assistance for qualified buyers. Situated in Delaware’s Claymont Renaissance District, this unique neighborhood is centrally located for easy access to all the exciting activities and attractions of Philadephia – a short 20 minute drive away.
This summer, Penn’s Landing is hosting a number of family-friendly events along the gorgeous Delaware River waterfront. July and August are shaping up to be fun months with everything from outdoor concerts to movies under the stars, and the venue provides a great excuse to spend an evening outdoors enjoying the warm summer breezes and picturesque Camden waterfront.
Activities and summer fun at Penn’s Landing
Screenings Under the Stars: Enjoy a free movie every Thursday evening through July and August. Grab your lawn chair or a blanket and get ready for the following flicks:
- July 18: Silver Linings Playbook
- July 25: Wreck-It Ralph
- August 1: Avengers
- August 8: The Hunger Games
- August 15: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- August 22: Pitch Perfect
- August 29: Dr. Suess’ The Lorax
Summer Concerts: The Great Plaza is one of Philly’s best venues for alfresco concerts throughout the summer. Saturday, July 27 will host the Mad Decent Block Party with stars like Major Lazer, Dillon Francis, Riff Raff and others. And jazz lovers should head to the Riverstage on Fridays for free concerts that kick off at 7:30PM. Smooth Jazz Summer Nightswill be happening on August 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30.
Multicultural Events: Delve into the customs and traditions of another culture with Penn’s Landing PECO Multicultural outdoor festivals, which run from May through September. Upcoming events include:
- Hispanic Fiesta (July 13-14): Two action-packed days of ethnic food, dance, music and live performances plus lots of artisan crafts.
- ACANA Festival(August 3): The African Cultural Alliance of North America celebrates African heritage with delicious foods, crafts, dance performances along with reggae and Afropop.
- Southeast Asian Dragon Boat Festival (August 10): From 12 to 8 pm the Riverstage will come to life with Southeast Asian traditional entertainment and performances that commemorate their rich cultural heritage.
- Festival of India(August 17): An extravaganza of music, food, art and dance that highlight the vibrant Indian culture.
- Caribbean Festival (August 18): This year’s lively festivities will include a steel ban, children’s activities, a Caribbean workshop and plenty of food and music.
Philadelphia home for sale in the low the $200’s
With summer in full swing, now is the perfect time for family fun, whether taking in a movie under the stars at Penn’s Landing or enjoying an afternoon BBQ with friends in the comfort of your own home. Residents at Darley Green really have the best of both worlds: the tranquil charm of an old-fashioned neighborhood, where inviting green spaces encourage everyone to play outdoors, and quick access to all the sights and attractions of the big city.
Forget the sky-high property taxes of Philadelphia homes for saleand check out Darley Green’s move-in ready condos and townhomes, where maintenance-free grounds and no sales tax make life a breeze!
Our model homes are available for viewing from 11AM to 6PM every day. If you’d like more information please contact Community Sales Manager Amy Maluski at 302.655.2600.