Summer Fun in Philly: Festivals, Block Parties, Music, and More
Quick commute to Philadelphia – homes for sale
When you live in the Darley Green community of Wilmington, Delaware, you are only 20 minutes from all the action in Philly, which gives you easy access to plenty of summer fun.
People looking for Philadelphia condosand townhomes for sale should consider the no-maintenance lifestyle in peaceful Delaware. The taxes are lower, the home ownership rate is high, and the houses here tend to hold their value.
Top Summer Events in Philadelphia
Here are some of the biggest and best summer events in Philadelphia that you can enjoy when you live at Darley Green.
- Manayunk Arts Festival(June 22-23) – Nearly 200,000 collectors, buyers and artists flock to charming Main Street to display their goods at the largest outdoor art show in the region. Award-winning restaurants serve up their best cuisine, while shops open their doors to welcome visitors strolling by. Art will be available for purchase and more than 275 vendors will be eligible to win the juried contest.
- Awesome Fest(June 14 – August 19) – If you loved the 80s, you won’t want to miss this most excellent 10-week film and music festival. There are more than 50 outdoor movie screenings, including: E.T., The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Revenge of the Nerds, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, and more. Musical guests The Psychedelic Furs and Flock of Seagulls are performing this year. The Chiodo Brothers, the voice of Roger Rabbit, director Tom Holland, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper, and other special guests are expected to attend. You won’t want to miss the 80s prom!
- 104.5 Summer Bloc Party(July 13, August 3, September 14) – Hundreds of attendees swarm The Piazza at Schmidt’s in Northern Liberties for the free concerts and fun. This year, Cold War Kids, Bad Books, Capital Cities, Panic! At the Disco, Alt-J, Walk Off The Earth, and The Unlikely Candidates will play. Previous years featured bands like Metric and OK Go.
- 2nd Street Festival(August 5) – The streets are closed off on North 2nd between Germantown and Green streets to make room for workshops, food, beer gardens, art and merchandise. There are four music and event stages providing live entertainment. One of the highlights is Victory Brewing’s annual BrewBQ – featuring a bbq cook-off competition, cooking demos, barbeque classes, beer garden, and vendors. More than 100 local businesses participate in the festival to promote their goods, foods and services at this supersized bloc party.
- Pennsylvania Dutch Festival(August 9-11) – Awaken your senses with delicious foods from donuts to chicken pot pie. The 23rd annual festival features handmade crafts such as quilts, woodcrafts, paintings, hand-braided rugs, toys and chests. Amish horse-drawn buggy rides and bluegrass bands round out this family favorite event.
Instead of Philadelphia condos, consider what Delaware has to offer!
“The First State” is a fantastic place to live – especially when you settle down in a safe community where you don’t even have to mow your lawn. Darley Green offers upscale luxury for an affordable price. You’re just minutes from I-495 and I-95 interstates, which will get you anywhere you need to go in a hurry.
Unhappy with Philadelphia homes for sale? Find your dream home at Darley Green! Model homes are available to view from 11AM to 6PM daily. For more information, please call Community Sales Manager Amy Maluski at 302-655-2600.