Have a Great Time in Greater Wilmington
Wilmington homes for sale
When you buy one of the move-in ready homes at Darley Green, you not only get to take advantage of spacious townhouse luxury at affordable prices starting in the low $200s, but you also put yourself in a prime location for discovering all that the Greater Wilmington area has to offer. And it could take a lifetime to explore it all, from the sumptuous gardens and historic landmarks, to the nature preserves and vibrant nightlife scene. There’s truly something for everyone in Greater Wilmington—and don't forget that all your shopping and dining in Delaware is tax free!
Homes for sale in Wilmington DE: conveniently situated
Wilmington is uniquely situated between major metropolitan hubs—it is 100 miles from New York City and Washington, with easy access to major arteries like I-495, I-95, and the New Jersey Turnpike. Wilmington is less than a half-hour drive to Philadelphia, 90 minutes to Atlantic City, an hour to Amish Country in and around Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and less than 2 hours to Delaware’s famous Atlantic Ocean beaches at Bethany, Dewey, and Rehoboth.
With the revitalization of the Christina Riverfront in downtown Wilmington, however, you may never want to stray far from home. On any given day you can zip around in a water taxi, or take a leisurely stroll down the landscaped walkway along the water’s edge. Meanwhile, the Riverfront Market offers a bounty of gourmet and specialty foods, fresh and organic produce, flowers, and more. Baseball fans can catch the major league stars of tomorrow at Frawley Stadium, home of the Wilmington Blue Rocks. Those who prefer a night out filled with cutting-edge cuisine and local beers and wines can try the hand-crafted pizza at FireStone, local brews at Iron Hill Brewery, or Asian fusion at Kooma.
Other top attractions in Greater Wilmington include:
- Grand Opera House:Hundreds of shows each year, from symphony orchestras, to operas, to contemporary rock, jazz, and stand-up comedy.
- Brandywine Zoo:From river otters to rainbow boas, Amur tigers to rose haired tarantulas, each of the exotic and beautiful animals at the zoo have a story all their own.
- Historic New Castle:Originally settled by the Dutch in 1651, this historic town overlooking the Delaware River is one of the most lovingly preserved colonial villages in America. Don’t miss the early Georgian Amstel House, built in 1738, or the Victorian Old Library Museum from 1892.
- Delaware Art Museum:Known for its collection of British Pre-Raphaelite art, as well as illustrations by Wilmington’s own Howard Pyle.
- Green Room at the Hotel DuPont:Traditionally one of the top-rated restaurants in the area, stately ambience is a backdrop for American cuisine with a European temperament.
- Winterthur:The highlight of a visit to this DuPont estate are the magical 60 acres of gardens, but the house tour and collection of early American antiques is also worth the trip.
Townhomes and condos for sale in Delaware
If you are looking for new houses and condos for sale in Delaware, the Greater Wilmington Area may be your strategic best bet. For a reasonable cost, you have access to the plentiful resources and attractions of major Eastern seaboard cities, and a quick commute to Philadelphia. From weekend day-trips in the countryside, to summer vacations at the seaside, living in Greater Wilmington gives you choice and opportunity. And with the re-birth of Wilmington proper, particularly the Christina Riverfront, you have eclectic and satisfying dining and entertainment options right in your own backyard.
Maybe you have already been looking for homes for sale in Wilmington DE, but have yet to find the perfect blend of affordability and amenities? You don’t have to compromise on your dream for owning a home. Instead, come by and check out the model homes designed by the esteemed Montchanin Builders at Darley Green. Standard features of our new townhomes and condos include:
- Up to 2,500 square feet of finished living space
- 1-2 car garages
- Gourmet kitchen
- Walk-in closets
- Stylish exteriors
- Professional landscaping
- Maintenance-free living
- Shops and businesses on site
- Jogging and walking trails
- Walking distance to commuter rail
Darley Green model homes are available for viewing daily from 11AM to 6PM. To learn more, please contact Community Sales Manager Amy Maluski at 302.655.2600.